Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Brave New World 2 and 3

This book continues to confuse and interest me at the same time, giving me a feeling of being lost but with enough understanding to want to continue to read and learn more. The one thing that I have picked up from my reading is how many if our current ideas thoughts and values are rejected as useless or stupid or wasteful in this new society where everything is based of consumption and prosperity. Having a biological mother is seen as dangerous causing too much emotion. Having only one lovers or intimate partner is also considered bad like something horribly illegal. The examples of these foreign ideas to someone of today's time are consist throughout these two chapters. Huxley also writes during chapter three with many spaces jumping from conversation to different conversation all over the place. I couldn't understand why but it made for interesting reading

No comments:

Post a Comment